We invite proposals to host the 10th EST Congress in 2022. Please send applications addressing the following aspects:
- How accessible is the venue, in terms of both international transport and internal transport (within a city, etc.)?
- What are the possibilities for accommodation? (How many hotel rooms? University accommodation? Cost of accommodation?)
- How many rooms for sessions are there? What size (how many participants)? What equipment? (computers? beamers? Internet connections for visitors?)
- What would the draft budget be, including participants’ fees, possible sponsorship and other sources of funding?
- Are staff available to be on the organizing committee, the scientific committee?
- What are the possibilities for a social program and tourism in the area?
Candidatures may also indicate a theme for the congress, although this is optional. The purpose of the Congress should be to cover as many areas of Translation Studies as possible and to promote exchanges between the various sub-areas.
To prepare a proposal, please first send an initial expression of interest (in particular outlining possible financial arrangements) to the EST General Secretary Lucja Biel by 30 September 2018.
Selected pre-candidates will be notified by 31 October 2018.
Full candidacies should be presented by 31 May 2019.
The winning candidacy will be announced at the 9th EST Congress at Stellenbosch in September 2019. Candidatures will be assessed by the Executive Board on the basis of the above points. The Board may request supplementary information from the candidates.
Arnt Lykke Jakobsen