We invite proposals to host the 9th EST Congress in 2019. Please send applications addressing the following aspects:
- How accessible is the venue, in terms of both international transport and internal transport (within a city, etc.)?
- What are the possibilities for accommodation? (How many hotel rooms?, University accommodation? Cost of accommodation?)
- How many rooms for sessions are there? What size (how many participants)? What equipment? (computers? beamers? Internet connections for visitors?)
- What would the draft budget be, including participants’ fees, possible sponsorship and other sources of funding?
- Are staff available to be on the organizing committee, the scientific committee?
- What are the possibilities for a social program and tourism in the area?
Candidatures may also indicate a theme for the congress, although this is optional. The purpose of the congress should be to cover as many areas of Translation Studies as possible and to promote exchanges between the various sub-areas.
To prepare a proposal, please first send an initial expression of interest (in particular outlining possible financial arrangements) to the EST General Secretary Lucja Biel by 31 September 2015.
Selected pre-candidates will then be notified by 31 October 2015.
Full candidacies should then be presented by 31 May 2016.
The winning candidacy will be announced at our Aarhus congress in September 2016.
Candidatures will be assessed by the Executive Board on the basis of the above points. The Board may request supplementary information from the candidates.
The proposal submitted for the Aarhus congress might be used as a model for the full candidacy.
A model for the planning of the budget can be downloaded here.