We would like to draw the attention of organizers of various Translation Studies events (conferences, symposia, guest lectures, courses, exhibitions) to the fourth edition of our TS Event Grant.
If you would like to apply for funding (up to EUR 1000), at least one member of the organizing committee or the scientific committee has to be a paid-up EST member. The grant may be used to cover a wide range of documented expenses such as travel, accommodation or preparation of conference materials.
1. The funds have to support a TS event. This may include symposia, courses, visits of TS personalities etc.
2. Applications should explain the circumstances under which the request is made and include details about the specific use of the sum requested.
3. Members of the TS Event Grant Committee will conduct an evaluation of each application on the basis of:
– the needs demonstrated in the application,
– the importance of the TS event for the TS community,
– compliance of the event with EST’s general philosophy of advancing TS with access to all.
4. The sum granted will be transferred to the applicant’s account after invoices and/or receipts have been received.
5. Applications should be sent by email to the Chair of the EST TS Event Grant Committee, Magdalena Bart?omiejczyk: firstname.lastname@example.org. Their receipt will be acknowledged.
6. The deadline for submitting applications for the third edition of the grant is January 31, 2012. The decision of the TS Event Grant Committee will be announced at the beginning of March. Therefore, the grant may be requested for events that are planned for March 2012 or later.